Saturday, April 11, 2009

Give 'em Hell, Hank



Hey, there. Awful nice day here in Indianapolis, I tell ya what. Me and mom spent it protestin' one o' them pet stores that sells puppies. Now I guess you could say I was sorta born with a silver spoon in my mouth (the person who bred my parents was an upstandin' breeder) so I don't have first-hand experience with puppy mills and "greeders". But boy howdy, some o' these stories I've heard are just terrible! After I heard about a ten-year-old, paralyzed from the waist down dog who was still being bred, I thought "well, that just tears it!". So I told mom to round up my harness (and a few treats) 'cause I want to make my voice heard!







This is all the USDA requires greeders to provide their cash crop - oops, I mean dogs. (Don't worry, it's a stuffed animal.) Wouldn't you love to live in one o' these? Especially when some jackass puts another crate on top and the dog pees on ya 24/7?



I asked mom if the USDA stood for United States Dumb Asses. She said "close enough".


Alright, I'm signin' off now. All this rabble rousin' has wore me out. But before I go I wanna hear a great big "HELL NO, WE WON'T GO!" (to stores that sell puppies) from y'all!


Yep. Mmhmm.

13 comments:

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

I think a couple of chihuahuas need to read this post and see what a great life they lead. Maybe then they'll straighten up and do what their mom tells them. Yeh...probably not.

Pugsley and Lola said...

Tell Em' how it is Hank!!! That is GREAT that you went out and stood up for all of those helpless animals:)

Have a GREAT Easter!!
XOXOXOXO
Pugsley

Archie and Melissa said...

hi hank and family!
happy easter!
xoxox
melissa and emmitt

Murphy Dogg said...

Damn straight, Hank! Two of my little sisters came from "designer dog" breeding puppy mills and they were all sorts of screwed up when Mama and Dad adopted them from the shelter.
My sis Ginger wasn't even 1 year old and she had already had at least one litter of puppies! That is statuatory rape if you ask me. Great job for standing up to those greedy m-fer's!
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

We agree with Murphy! It's pretty screwed up that poor Sophie and Dixie had to have so many puppies all the time... good job protesting1

Too Cute Pugs said...

Hi Hank!

Great work getting out there letting people know about puppy mills. We don't have words to express how terrible those places are.

Pug love from,
Pearl & Daisy

Stacy Walker said...

Give em hell Hank, we wish we could have been there to protest with you.

Salinger The Pug said...

You tell 'em Hank!!!

Apollo said...

"Hell No We Won't Go!"

My Mommy will not shop at any stores that sell Puppy Mill Puppies. We only go to Bella Dog Bakery (who supports KPR) and Pet Supplies Plus (who supports rescues) and London Dog (who supports rescues).

Kelly said...

Hank! I am right there with ya buddy! Don't get my momma started on what should happen to those puppy mill people...

By the way, you look totally adorable sittin' there by the protesting sign... adorable in a tough and mean way... yeah...

The Devil Dog said...

Give 'em heck is right. Of course, dad says that most of the puppy millers are the Amish. Mom thinks that's prett despicable.

Roxy

Hank said...

Thanks for your support, y'all.

CC, honey...good luck with that.

Murph, buddy...I'd like to get my paws on the low life who deflowered your sis.

Pearl, honey...yep, that's me - ruggedly adorable.

Roxy, honey....your dad is right. I'd like to dump some pissed-off Dobermans off on the Amish. Nine times outta ten they go for the crotch.

Unknown said...

Amen, amen, Hank. Clementine's fate was to be a overly bred dam in a puppymill. In that sense, it was almost lucky for her that she got mange, almost died and was left to be put down at the shelter in SC, or else Pug Lover's Rescue never would have gotten her and we couldn't have adopted her!
Our motto?
Don't shop, ADOPT!

Thanks for posting about this!